Do things from your past and your ancestors excite you?
Are you truly a history lover?
And sick of looking for sources and surf through the net about books which could lead you to your past and leave you with the ocean of information, then keep reading!
As this article contains The Best Ancient History Books of All Time which were featured on CNN, Forbes and Inc. –
1. The Muqaddimah: An Introduction to History (Princeton Classics)
Written By- Ibn Khaldûn
This is the only book recommended by
Peter Thiel, Mark Zuckerberg, Sarah Jeong,
Michael McFaul and many other well-known figures.
The meaning of the title , “The Muqaddimah” stands for “Introduction” or “Prolegomenon,” which is considered to be the most important Islamic history of the premodern world.
Ibn Khaldûn of dynasty 1406 was a great Arab scholar. Philosophy of history, sociology, ethnography and economics are the foundation of several works in different fields.
Combined work of Islam, medieval and ancient history is provided to twenty-first-century people in a beautiful and interesting way.
The original introduction of Rosenthal’s and with contemporary introduction by Bruce B. Lawrence is also mentioned in The Princeton Classics edition.
This Princeton Classics edition of the abridged version includes Rosenthal’s original introduction as well as a contemporary introduction by Bruce B. Lawrence. This volume makes available a seminal work of Islam and medieval and ancient history to twenty-first-century audiences.
You can get this book on Amazon as:
2. A Captivating Guide to Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome
“Captivating stories of Egypt, Greece and Rome?”
Yes, that’s what this book contains.
Starting from each one explaining:
Ancient Egypt: A Captivating Guide to Egyptian History, Ancient Pyramids, Temples, Egyptian Mythology, and Pharaohs such as Tutankhamun and Cleopatra.
Ancient Greece: A Captivating Guide to Greek History Starting from the Greek Dark Ages to the End of Antiquity.
Ancient Rome: A Captivating Introduction to the Roman Republic, The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, and The Byzantine Empire.
Part one of this book includes:
- Who Were Ancient Egyptians—Their Origins, History, and Geography
- Who Held the Power: The Social Structure of Ancient Egypt
- Kings and their Military Power
- The Magnificent Pharaohs of the New Kingdom and Their Empire
- The Decay and End of the Egyptian Civilization
- A Romance, Politics, and Tragedy: The Story of Cleopatra VII
- The Religion, Mythology, and Rituals of Ancient Egyptians
- Funerary Beliefs and Rituals: Mummification and Afterlife
- The Architecture of Ancient Egypt: Temples and Pyramids
The second part comprises of following topics
- Dawn of the Dark Ages
- From Darkness to Democracy
- Olympic Origins
- Greece Grows from War to War
- The Fight for Democracy
- The Peloponnesian War
- Enter Alexander the Great
- Great Minds of Ancient Greece
- Roman Take-Over
- Cleopatra and her Consorts
- Hadrian’s Travels
- Gothic Raids on Greece
- Rise of Christianity
- End of Antiquity
Some Mentioned in the third part are as follows:
- The Seven Kings of Seven Hills: the Foundation of Rome and Its First Rulers
- The Early Republic
- The Punic Wars and Mediterranean Dominance: The Middle Republic
- Decay, Corruption, and Civil Wars: The Late Republic
- Gaius Julius Caesar, Crossing the Rubicon, and Death that Shook the City
- The Rise of the First Roman Emperor
- Early Roman Empire: Princeps Augustus and Julio-Claudian Dynasty
- The Flavian Dynasty
- The Nerva-Antonine Dynasty
- Late Empire
- The Empire of Constantine
- Constantinian Dynasty
- Decline and Fall of the Western Roman Empire
- The Byzantine Millennium
- Enough of those boring textbooks?
Than c’mon add this to your cart
Get it from Amazon as:
3. The Egyptian Book of the Dead: The Book of Going Forth by Day: The Papyrus of Ani is showcased in its entirety in seventy-four magnificent color pages
By -Ogden Goelet
J. Daniel Gunther
“Presentation of last 3300 Years” Isn’t great?
Well yes, this book gives you all.
Starting from Egyptian Mythology who always wanted to produce papyrus manuscript and some spells (If I’m not stating it wrong)to help some deceased in their afterlife.
The Papyrus of Ani is considered to be a papyrus manuscript which contains cursive hieroglyphs and colour illustrations.
It has best-preserved and beautifully scripted texts with most accurate examples and philosophical religious thoughts.
Egyptian mystery of life and death with properly translated in English about all papyrus ( that too in full colours) below each image will be found in this book.
Here is the Amazon link to buy this book:
4. Mesopotamia: A Captivating Guide to Ancient Mesopotamian History and Civilizations, Including the Sumerians and Sumerian Mythology, Gilgamesh, Ur, Assyrians, Babylon, Hammurabi and the Persian Empire
A Captivating Guide to Ancient Mesopotamian History and Civilizations, Including the Sumerians and Sumerian Mythology, Gilgamesh, Ur, Assyrians, Babylon, Hammurabi and the Persian Empire
” Seven captivating manuscripts that too in one book.”
Sumerians: A Captivating Guide to Ancient Sumerian History, Sumerian Mythology and the Mesopotamian Empire of the Sumer Civilization
Gilgamesh: A Captivating Guide to Gilgamesh the King and the Epic of Gilgamesh
Ur: A Captivating Guide to One of the Most Important Sumerian City-States in Ancient Mesopotamia
Assyrian History: A Captivating Guide to the Assyrians and Their Powerful Empire in Ancient Mesopotamia
Babylon: A Captivating Guide to the Kingdom in Ancient Mesopotamia, Starting from the Akkadian Empire to the Battle of Opis Against Persia, Including Babylonian Mythology and the Legacy of Babylonia
Hammurabi: A Captivating Guide to the Sixth King of the First Babylonian Dynasty, Including the Code of Hammurabi
The Persian Empire: A Captivating Guide to the History of Persia, Starting from the Ancient Achaemenid, Parthian, and Sassanian Empires to the Safavid, Afsharid, and Qajar Dynasties.
The first part of this book includes topics like:
- The Ancient Sumerians In a Nutshell
- The Social Structure of Ancient Sumerians
- The Religion and Mythology of Ancient Sumerians
- The Sumerian Kingdoms Chronology
- The Everyday Life of Ancient Sumerians
The second part of the book covers
- The History of the Epic
- All Eleven Tablets
- Sumerian Poems About Gilgamesh
The third part will contain
- Reminisce from past, that how we came to existence, how things grew and reached to its zenith.
- The history all compromises of wars, trade, divine worship, political corruption, and entertainment
Whereas the Fourth season contains the following topics:
- The Assyrians Arrive in Mesopotamia: The Early Assyrian Period
- The Birth of a Civilization: The Old Assyrian
- Empire to the Middle Assyrian Empire
- The Beginning of the Neo-Assyrian Empire
- Imperial Expansion and the Golden Age of the Neo-Assyrian Empire
- The Fall of the Empire
- Assyrian Government
Fifth part have topics like:
- The Land of the Babylonians
- Life, Culture, and Gender Roles Throughout the Years
- Where Superstition Met Science
- Babylonia Before the Babylonians
- The Amorite Dynasty or the First Babylonians
- The First Fall of Babylon and the Rise of the Kassites
- Assyrian Domination and Rule, 911-619 BCE
The sixth part of this book include:
- Babylon Before Hammurabi: Position of the City in Mesopotamia, Early Rulers
- Rise of Hammurabi: Wars and Achievements Chronology of Hammurabi
- Hammurabi’s Character: Physical Appearance, Relations with Other Rulers, Glimpses of His Personality
- The Code of Hammurabi and Early Mesopotamian Law
At last seventh part of this book contains:
- Who Are the Persians? The History of Human Population in Iran
- The Birth of the Achaemenid Empire: The Rise and Reign of Cyrus the Great
- The Glory of the Achaemenid Empire: Cambyses & Darius
Go buy this book from Amazon:
5. Mesoamerican History: A Captivating Guide to Four Ancient Civilizations that Existed in Mexico – The Olmec
The Aztec Civilization
Curious about Mesoamerica’s Past?
Continue Reading than-
“It contains Four captivating manuscripts”
The information that you will discover in this book are as follows:
Olmec’s: A Captivating Guide to the Earliest Known Major Ancient Civilization in Mexico.
Zapotec Civilization: A Captivating Guide to the Pre-Columbian Cloud People Who Dominated the Valley of Oaxaca in Mesoamerica.
Maya History: A Captivating Guide to the Maya Civilization, Culture, Mythology, and the Maya Peoples’ Impact on Mesoamerican History.
Aztec History: A Captivating Guide to the Aztec Empire, Mythology, and Civilization.
Now information about different parts are mentioned specifically as:
Part one Includes
- Revolutionary Findings Provided by Modern Archaeological Detective Techniques
- A Simple Explanation of Who the Olmecs Were and Where they Came From
- Fascinating Discoveries of Olmec Art
- Startling Theories About the Structure of Olmec Society and How They Interacted with Their Neighbors
- The Truth of Why the Olmecs Were So Rich and the Powerful Components to Their Success
- What There Is to Know About the Olmec Military
- Amazing Insights Into Everyday Life of the Olmecs
- Religion and Beliefs and How They Played an Essential Role in Olmec Society
- Remarkable Innovations of the Olmecs
The second part of the book includes:
- The Cloud People and their Domain
- The Oaxaca Valley
- Understanding the Zapotecs and Founding of Monte Albán in Phases
- Early Agrarian Roots and the Building of a Civilization
- Religion, Myths, Sacrifices, Rituals, and Power
- The Royal Family and Class
- The Religious Order
- A Day in the Life of the Zapotecs
- The Arts, Athletics, and Technology
- The War against the Aztecs
- The Conquistadors’ Arrival
- The Fall of an Empire
Now let’s talk about the third part now:
- Revolutionary Findings Provided by Modern Archaeological Detective Techniques
- A Simple Explanation of the Maya Civilization and Its Location
- Fascinating Discoveries of Maya Art
- Remarkable Insights into the Maya Government and Society
- A Startling Exploration of the Mayans Everyday Life
- Amazing Insights into Myths, Legends, Gods and Beliefs of the Maya People, Including Shocking Findings Related to Human Sacrifice
- The Spanish Conquest and Its Impact
- From Colonial Times to Today
The fourth part has different topics such as:
- Where Did the Aztecs Live?
- The Truth About Who the Aztecs Really Were
- Remarkable Insights into Government, City-States, and Expansion
- The Arrival of the Spanish and the Decline of the Empire
- A Day in the Life of an Aztec Citizen
- The Sovereign, the Dignitaries, and the Nobles
- Agriculture and Diet
- Shocking Discoveries of Human Sacrifice
Don’t miss a chance to get this book: