Ever heard about the art of manipulating?
YES, that’s what SOCIAL ENGINEERING Is!
It is used in case of criminals for getting out confidential information from them.
You must’ve heard in news or watched in some film where the Criminals try to trick you b giving your information’s or passwords to someone where they can access your computer and steal your privacy by installing some malicious software–which will give them control over your computer.
This must’ve triggered your interest (like it did with me)!
Do you want to avoid getting hacked?
Are there accounts you frequently check or visit?
Are there any unexplained financial losses?
Are you afraid of your information and data being leaked?
Did you make tons of accounts that you never visit and forgot their passwords?
Annoyed of thinking strong passwords, as applications are always warning to make another new stronger password?
Junk and unauthorized emails are bombarding your inbox?
Then keep reading…
Here I’ve tried to mention some books regarding SOCIAL ENGINEERING which might help you to get acquainted with the subject Cyber security
What YOU NEED to Know about Cyber security, Ethical Hacking, Risk Assessment, Social Engineering & How to DEFEND YOURSELF from Attack.
What are 39 seconds to you? Blink of an eye, right?
Only this much time is required by any hacker to attack!
And it’s proved there is an attack in every 39 seconds.
In the same studies, it is also found that there is stealing of data is done mostly in workplaces and still, there are no proper measures to resolve the issue.
(62% of big business companies experienced the same social engineering and phishing attacks)
So here is this book which may help you in resolving many issues regarding your business’s important information.
Now step-forward and learn about the techniques of protecting yourself from a cyber-attack!
Here Is a Preview of What You Will find in this book:
- What cyber security is?
- The history behind cyber security
- The four basic principles of cybersecurity
- The varied types of cybersecurity and their importance
- Critical cyber security tools that you need
- An analysis of some of the costs of cyber-attacks
- Why cybersecurity is of great importance
- Busting common myths about cybersecurity
- The different kinds of cyber threats you need to be aware of
- The importance of a cybersecurity plan
- How to come up with a suitable cybersecurity plan
- The importance of cybersecurity training
- The different types of jobs and roles in cybersecurity
And what not!
- You can buy this book on Amazon as –
2. Book Cover of Julian James McKinnon – Hacking for Beginners: A Step by Step Guide to Learn How to Hack Websites, Smartphone’s, Wireless Networks, Work with Social Engineering, Complete a Penetration Test, and Keep Your Computer Safe
By- Julian James McKinnon
Are you a beginner and want to deep dive in the world of Hacking?
Then this is the book for you! Cyber Security might sound difficult to you but this book really puts efforts in simplifying the concepts with unique and easy examples.
The purpose of this book is to guide you how to protect your information or if you’re doing it for someone else, then how to take care of their data and security on a large scale like for any business company.
The steps that are taken are the same for both; either you’re an ethical or unethical hacker! It might look hard in the beginning but cool easy and practical concepts are stated in this book which will make you go more into this subject.
As stated earlier, this is assumed in a way that you do not have any idea about hacking, so this book will take some time to introduce you with the world of hacking and then the process starts as:
The different types of hackers and why each one is important and how they are different from one another
How to work with your own penetration test
Importance of strong passwords and how any professional hacker will try to attempt or break through these passwords.
A look at how to hack through a website of any company that doesn’t add in the right kind of security to the mix
Attack through wireless networks?
Most Dangerous, accurate and maybe now it will be easy too. Yes, this book has it all.
Some of the other common attacks that we need to work with including man in the middle, denial of service attack malware, phishing, and so much more
Creating a shield for your networks: As there can be steps which can help you to protect everything on your computer despite all the threats that may happen.
- You can get this book on Amazon as-
3. Book Cover of Russell Scott – Computer Networking Beginners Guide: An Easy Approach to Learning Wireless Technology, Social Engineering, Security and Hacking Network, Communications Systems (Including CISCO, CCNA and CCENT).
Author -Russell Scott
Ever saw the co-ordination in workplaces like in companies and hubs where computers are connected with a single unit?
Connecting every system to one controller, sounds confusing and hard, right?
Well, not after reading this book as building these type of networks require skills and ability to make them work!
Proper connection and whole knowledge is not the only key to do so!
As this work comes with many responsibilities too.
If you’re handling the data of others than you need to keep them safe too. As that is the only way to achieve the goal and work efficiently.
COMPUTER NETWORKING BEGINNERS GUIDE will help you to guide step-wise in easy-to-follow concepts:
- Introduction to Computer Networking – Needs of a real beginner in computer networking: components and classifications of computer networks, network architecture, physical topology, etc
- The Basics of Network Design – How to configure a LAN, network features and various responsibilities of network users
- Wireless Communication Systems -Either it’s the optimization of computer networks or about enjoying the benefits of Wi-Fi technology or it can be set- up and configure your system for wireless connectivity and in complimentary it gives the idea about CISCO Certification Guide.
- Network Security – The most common computer network threats and fundamental guidelines on how to steer clear of such menaces
- Hacking Network – Basics of hacking in computer networking, definitions, different methods of cybercrimes and an introduction to ethical hacking
- Different Hacking Methods – Hacking methods which could put you and your computer at risk like malware, key logger, Trojan horses, ransomware etc
- Working on a DoS attack – One of the attacks that a hacker is likely to use to help get into their target’s computer is a denial of service attack or DoS attack. This chapter analyzes how this attack works
- Keeping Your Information Safe – Some of the steps that we can take to keep our wireless network safe and some of the things that a hacker can potentially do
- The language used in this book is simple. Or even if any technical terms are mentioned, they’re explained too in a way which might not create any problem in understanding.
- You can buy this book here on Amazon –
4. Social Engineering and Nonverbal Behavior Set
Written By- Christopher Hadnagy
This book is a bit different from other technical books as it contains the whole process from where the Idea of stealing data and capturing security came in the hacker’s mind!
The real purpose of doing so and how he will do it by getting into the person’s mind is all this real gem have into it.
We can even call hacking an ART. Do you agree?
Well, YOU WILL! The moment you’ll read this book.
But as I mentioned before this no other ordinary book as this capture Human’s Mind.
Basically it combines the science where non-verbal communications’, expressions and gestures can help you detect the motive of another person. You will get the idea If he’s trying to make you his/her target or not!
Real-world examples are explained by giving the practical knowledge of it too. Including elicitation, pretexting, influence and manipulation.
Things that you will find in this book are as following:
- It reveals vital steps for preventing social engineering threats
- Unmasking the Social Engineer: The Human Element of Security (it can be anyone)
- It comprises of both the practical and technical aspects of social engineering security
Also, various dirty tricks used by the scammers are also mentioned.
Points OR the traits that you should look into to detect a social engineer non-verbally are also stated.
- Amazon link from where you can buy this book:
5. The Fifteen Minute Skip Tracer
Locate Anyone Anywhere, Using Databases, Social Engineering & Social Media
Written By – Frank M. Ahearn
Wanna locate people and find their location Worldwide?
Not just their location but you can get access to their many things quickly!
Yes, this book has it all!
Actually it is not used in any negative way, but the people who disappeared abruptly or hiding from the world can be found with the help of this book!
This is best used by private -investigators and people involved with some cyber team or are into any mission.
This book basically demonstrates how professionals use social engineering to use databases, the internet, social media and offline service accounts to track down deadbeats, lost love(really, how?), bail jumpers and paramours.
Some of the topics are mentioned here:
- No-Brainer Skip Tracing Tactics
- Facebook Skip Tracing
- Three Places to Hit for Info
- Phone Pretexting
- Identifying Phone Numbers
- Financial Records
- Who Has What & What is where
- Using Databases
- Online & Offline Searching
- Name Searching
- Running Data
- You can buy this on Amazon –
6. War for Your Worldview
What Every American Needs to Know in the Age of Fake News, Social Engineering, and Mind-Controlling Propaganda
Written By- Timothy Wade Corder
This book comprises 20 years of observations and the experiences the author has gone through. He also demonstrates how social engineers knowingly or unknowingly have used our most noble qualities against us in their effort to bring about our destruction.
The ones who’ve done this are mentioned with name, examples and their motive of doing so! A feeling of excitement will rush through your nerves while reading this book.
- How emotionally charged propaganda are presenting direct threats to our civil liberties.
- How drugs and mass-immigration are destroying and weakening our people’s nationality.
- The hijacked education system and media resources and what not!
- You can find this book here:
7. Social Engineering Theory And Practice: Exposing the reality of Government manipulating their citizens
Social Engineering is a subject everyone should be well acquainted with basically because it gives us the idea of how we’re governed.
Influence of Social Engineering?
Its influence varies broadly as it is involved in advertising, political activities, social media and what not! This book focuses on “Ethical social engineering laws/theories/practices.”
The whole history of starting from the dust to actually where it is been implemented are all mentioned in this.
The author actually written about many things which include social ideology of schools and universities, brainwashing experimentations, drug experiences emotional and personal problems and other mind control programs are mentioned too.
The attempt of the government to control the society are also labelled, which is not always done physically but by manipulating people’s perspective is also a way to achieve this.
This book intended to talk about our social-surroundings and life experiences.
- You can buy this book on Amazon with this given link: